It is technically known as rhinoplasty, yet commonly referred to as a nose job, and there are numerous reasons why a woman might be looking to have this treatment. Here are a few of the common complaints about their nose that women cite as reasons to have a nose job.
- Change in Size – Some women feel that their nose is too prominent, and in such a case, it is possible to remove some of the nasal bone to reduce the size of the nose. When looking to have nose augmentation (known as เสริมจมูก in Thai) surgery, it is essential to approach a well-known plastic surgeon who is registered with the Medical Council, as this ensures that the procedure will be carried out correctly.
- Change of Angle – Some women feel that the angle of their nose it either to acute or too shallow, and by discussing your needs with a specialist plastic surgeon, you will have a better understanding of exactly what is possible with nose augmentation. It is very important, for both the surgeon and the patient, that there if a firm understanding and agreement regarding the treatment objectives, and this would be the focus of the initial meeting.
- Bridge Straightening – The bridge of the nose might be crooked, which could be a natural defect, or the result of an accident, but either way, treatment can correct this. When with the plastic surgeon, it is important to air your feelings and to explore all the options, plus the surgeon would always make the patient aware of the risks that are associated with any surgical procedure.
- Reshaping the Tip of the Nose – In the event a person has what is known as a hooked nose, the tip can easily be reshaped to remove the prominent area of the nasal bone. The plastic surgeon would show the patient some before and after images to highlight what is possible, and once an agreement has been reached, the schedule for the procedure can be set.
- Building the Bridge of the Nose – It is common in Asian people for the bridge of the nose to be minor, and it is possible to build up the bridge of the nose to closely resemble that of a person of Caucasian descent. Typically, the surgeon would use medical grade silicone to achieve this, and the procedure can be carried out at the clinic using a local anaesthetic, and the patient would experience minimum discomfort and can carry on with normal day to day activities immediately.
The above are all common reasons why a woman might wish to have plastic surgery treatment on their nose, and by using a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon, you can be sure that you will be very happy with the outcome.
The initial appointment with the surgeon is a time to discuss your requirements, and while the surgeon would be happy to answer any questions that you might have, he would also make sure that you fully understand what the surgery involves and that you also realise the risks involved with any kind of surgery.