If you are using an MSEDCL connection, you might have seen the term “Wheeling Charges” mentioned on your electricity bill. We have been required to pay this extra charge every month while making our electricity bill payment since its introduction in 2017. However, very few people are actually aware of what Wheeling Charges are and why we are required to pay them. But not anymore.
Why should you pay for something without knowing what it is for? Read on and get yourself educated on what Wheeling Charges are. And in case you already know, you can still read to reaffirm your knowledge.
What Are Wheeling Charges On Your MSEDCL Bill?
Introduced into the MSEDCL bill in 2017, ‘Wheeling Charges’ is an amount charged by an electrical system to wheel the power from the generation station to end-users. To put it in simple terms, it is the fees that one needs to pay for the transportation or transmission of electricity from the generation source to our homes.
MSEDCL is one of the distributors of electricity in Maharashtra. However, it transports the required electricity from remote generation plants to load points via a transmission company.
Wheeling Charges are calculated based on the units of electricity consumed by a user in a month. It is charged on a per MWH basis. So, if you want to use an MSEDCL connection, you need to pay the wheeling charges for this process.
What Is The Best Way To Pay MSEDCL Bill Online And Why?
Currently, there are several ways to pay your MSEDCL bill online. However, our favourite continues to be via the Airtel Payments Bank. You can access it via the Airtel Thanks app or directly through the website and make payments in a jiffy. It’s one of the safest and most secure ways to pay your MSEDCL bill online.
And that’s not all. Apart from making your MSEDCL bill payment online, you can also make other electricity bill payments such as the SBPDCL bill payment and KESCO bill payment, among various other operators. Moreover, you also get exciting offers and cashback every time you make an electricity bill payment via Airtel Payments Bank.
Steps To Make MSEDCL Bill Payment Online Via Airtel Payments Bank
Paying your MSEDCL bill via Airtel Payments Bank is an extremely simple process. All you have to do is follow the steps enlisted below and your MSEDCL Bill payment will be done in minutes:
- Download the Airtel Thanks app and go to the Airtel Payments Bank section or directly visit the Airtel Payments Bank website.
- Now, navigate to the ‘Electricity Bill’ section.
- Select the name of your State or UT i.e. ‘Maharashtra’ in this case.
- Choose the name of your biller i.e. Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd. aka MSEDCL.
- Now, enter your Consumer Number.
- Click on the ‘Fetch Bill’ button.
- Now you can see your electricity bill and the amount payable for the month. Click on the ‘Pay Now’ tab.
- Log in securely with your registered mobile number and mPIN.
- Select your preferred mode of payment.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and complete the process.