Your car insurance coverage usually has a one-year policy term. So, once that term is about to expire, you must renew it. But, do you now stick with the same auto insurance provider or investigate other options? Continue to read to find more options.
Pros and cons of retaining the same auto insurance company –
There are many benefits and drawbacks to renewing your four-wheeler insurance with the same provider.
The following are the benefits of continuing with the same insurance provider when opting for a car insurance renewal:
- Extra benefits – When you decide to stick with your auto insurance provider for an extended period, they may provide you with various benefits. These considerations come in the form of loyalty rewards and savings*.
- Relationship of trust with the car insurance company – Maintaining a relationship of trust is a benefit of sticking with the same business. It is crucial because you may be able to rely on your insurance company to support you in an emergency and help you contact them more quickly.
- Lower deductibles – Some car insurance companies also offer a reduction in the mandatory deductibles and other benefits and bonuses.
- Get the option of accident forgiveness – Long-term clients of certain car insurance providers in India have the “Accident Forgiveness Option.” However, this is only available to clients with good driving records.
- Avoid unexpected fees or charges – You may have the advantage of being thoroughly familiar with all the terms and conditions listed in your plan when it comes time for your car insurance renewal.
- Simple renewal – You only need to go to the company’s website or physical location, provide them with your policy number, and pay the renewal premium to renew your four-wheeler insurance with the same insurance provider.
The following are the cons of continuing with the same insurance provider when opting for a car insurance renewal:
- Extra fees – Even though the coverage under your current policy may be adequate, it only sometimes happens that you receive a good car insurance deal. You may find better deals and offers if you compare the car insurance prices online. *
- The Cover May Not Be Enough – Your four-wheeler insurance policy may be reasonably priced, but you may need more coverage. You must, therefore, carefully review your plan’s inclusions and exclusions.
- You might need to investigate better add-ons – In the competitive world of insurance, there is always a chance that you may find a more comprehensive range of add-ons than your current car insurance company.
With the advent of technology in the mix, online offerings of four-wheeler insurance often have several add-ons, which may not necessarily be available offline. That is why you should always look at current plans and offerings before you make your choice.
* Standard T&C Apply
You might think about switching insurers in the following circumstances:
- You recently relocated to a new state or city.
- Your car may soon have a new driver (perhaps you want to give it to your children?)
- You discovered an insurance provider that provides significantly better benefits at a reasonable price.
- The cost of your insurance has increased.
- While you may be rewarded with loyalty, the premiums may vary with different insurers.
Now that you know the pros and cons, do your research before you make a decision.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
*All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. *Standard T&C apply