You must have known by now that Peel and Toronto area are shifting to another lockdown period, effective from next week. This time, the lockdown would extend for a minimum of 28 days as experts believe that it can keep a check on the worst scenario amidst the 2nd wave of Coronavirus pandemic. And people violating the public health norms are likely to be heavily fined. Now that brings in to another question. What should you do if you have scheduled a move amidst this time?
Can You Move During The Lockdown?
The answer is, yes! Though you would ideally stay in your existing place till the lockdown eases, you can still make a move if you need to. Currently, there is no rules against home shifting. Packing and moving services are still included in the list of essential services that remain open amidst the lockdown. Then again, there is a very stringent policy for public gathering. So you may not be able to call your friends and family to do the packing and loading jobs. That makes it more than important to take help of the professional moving companies in Toronto for the help you need.
Choosing Your Service Provider
There are a handful of moving companies serving in the Toronto GTA area. Ideally, you interview the local companies near you. However, you must interview all of your service providers who involve in the moving process. This includes the realtors, movers and everyone that comes in between. They include cleaners, stagers and contractors. See how much they are aware of the federal and local safely guidelines, and how they are sticking to it. Check the rules set by the Public Health Agency Canada, as well as Ontario Public Health.
Also, given that the inventory is low these days, any type of an emergency booking can be tough. So even when you compare the rates and services, check their booking policies, as well. Also, enquire if they entertain last-minute cancellation or any type of postpones for unavoidable reasons.
What You Can Do
If you cannot postpone or reschedule your moving, then:
- Look for the movers in Toronto area that can send a small but efficient team.
- Even when you get a competent company by Goggling “movers near me in Toronto Ontario“, there is no need to invite the team for an estimation.
- See if you can get a quite by sending pictures of your home.
- Keep nitrite masks and gloves, disinfectant wipes and sprays, hand sanitizers and soap handy even if the moving team comes equipped with everything.
- Postpone the shift if you develop a cough, or fever, or have difficulty to breathe.
- Avoid jobs like in-home moves, or furniture removal and similar things that can wait.
The lockdown and the pandemic have affected almost every industry. Even the moving companies are no exception to the rule. Once you make up your mind, though, make sure to call Canada’s favourite movers for a free estimate and for affordable rates.