The rental of serviced offices is there to respond to different scenarios encountered by your company, including:
- build the business in a new region;
- moving company premises to meet new expectations;
- expand the premises following the recruitment of new employees;
- change premises to deal with a restructuring of the company.
Whatever your situation, finding office space to rent can be time-consuming if you’re not methodical. Before you even get started, it is essential to review several essential points that will save you a lot of time in your search.
Searching For Premises To Rent: Essential Points
Let’s review how to prepare for the search for premises properly.
The Reason Why You Are Looking For Professional Premises
Identifying the reason that drives you to look for a new location is essential. The needs are specific to each company and depend on your type of activity (industrial, artisanal, commercial). Depending on whether you are facing an increase in activity or a reorientation of your business model (examples among many others), this will directly influence your real estate search toward suitable ads.
The Desired Surface For Your Next Premises
Finding the ideal office rental involves having a clear idea of the area you are looking for. Consider these criteria:
- the number of employees in your company
- the professional activity to be hosted on the site
- the spaces you need: meeting room(s), training place(s), kitchen, relaxation area, etc
The dedicated budget
To determine your rental budget, consider the following:
- the monthly rent for the rented office;
- the security deposit (which will certainly be recovered at the end of the rental contract);
- taxes (property tax and office tax);
- costs related to moving and settling into new premises;
- the cost of any development work.
Additional Services You May Need
This question helps guide you towards targeted ads and refine your budget. For example, do you need the following:
- A reception service within your offices?
- From a telephone reception?
- A cleaning service?
The Geographical Location Of Your Premises
The location of your offices such as in 628 N LaSalle Chicago for example depends mainly on your professional activity. Being in the city center has undeniable advantages (dynamism, public transport, shops, and restaurants nearby, etc.), but very often requires a higher budget than renting on the outskirts or even in the countryside.
Rent Or Buy Offices?
Renting professional offices such as Financial Advisor & CPA firm office spaces for rent for example is ideal if you are starting your business or to benefit from an equipped workspace with ancillary services (meeting rooms, telephone switchboard, cafeteria, etc.). It is also a very good solution if you are located in a geographical area where real estate investment is expensive (especially in large cities such as Paris, Lyon, or Toulouse). You can consider buying your business premises if your activity is very profitable.
Need To Call On Real Estate Professionals?
Do not hesitate to call on real estate professionals to avoid making mistakes and save time. They will advise you and help you find the professional office rental that meets your expectations. They will also save you from many costly mistakes (in terms of time and money).