With winter having arrived, now is the perfect time to think about renovating your patio area, in preparation for the spring and summer that will soon be upon us. While most people store their garden furniture during the winter, others prefer to use the terrace when the weather allows, but either way, you can carry out a few inexpensive renovations.
- Re-Staining the Decking – This requires some sanding and re-applying of the right stain colour, or if your decking has seen better days, you could source hardwood decking in Brisbane from a local supplier. You will need a dry weekend to carry out this work, then your decking is ready for another season of entertaining.
- Power Wash – If your terrace is paved, then cleaning the area with a power jet gun will restore the surface to its original state, plus you can also clean the pathways and the drive with this versatile machine that can be hired from a local plant hire company.
- Adding Some Greenery – A single visit to a garden centre is all it takes to procure some greenery, and with suitable pots, you can add some much-needed colour to the corners of the terrace. You could search online for images of flora and fauna, which will help you to choose plants that are in keeping with the concept.
- LED Exterior Lighting – The range of attractive hues and colours allow you to create a warm and inviting ambience, and LED lighting also comes in strips, with adhesive backing, which means you can attach these to frames to give you a dreamy effect.
- Wall Climbing Frames – These timber trestles can provide a setting for wall plants, which will certainly brighten up your terrace, and by training creeper plants, you can gradually cover the entire wall. There are many kinds of plants that you can use, including orchids and ferns, which will inject some colour into the setting.
- Stylish & Elegant Sun Shades – Of course, shading is essential and if your existing shade solution has seen better days, why not replace it with a few cantilevered umbrellas? If you search online, you will find suppliers of various designs and a secure online payment will see the units packaged and dispatched to your home address.
All of the above are good ways to brighten up your exterior living space, and when spring comes around, you will be ready for hosting a few parties in the warm evenings.